logo of the Society for Molecular ImprintingThe Society for Molecular Imprinting

previous article next article

Postponement of MIP2020 until next year (MIP2021)

To all members of the Society: 

It is clear that the current situation with the coronavirus epidemic has inplications for all of us. This includes holding the MIP conference during June 2020 in Japan, as originally arranged. In order to make a timely decision on the future of this meeting, the board members of the society were balloted on the possible dates for the meeting to take place, with the vote concluding yesterday. Three options were proposed: 
  1. go ahead as planned (21-26 June 2020)
  2. 7-12 December 2020
  3. 4-9 July 2021
Of the 19 votes cast, only 1 was for June 2020, 5 member voted for December (option 2) with the remaining 13 votes being cast for July 2021.  In the face of this response, the decision has been made to postpone the meeting until next year.
Figure. 1 Chart of the voting result

Of course we will monitor the situation next year for any further changes. Please take care of yourselves and stay well.

Posted on 23 March 2020 at 17:21:09 by Michael Whitcombe

Log-in if you wish to post a comment.


home icon   log in icon
Login or register as a new member    

SMI branded products
SMI branded products