Description of job:
We are seeking a full-time Chemist, preferably with experience, in polymer chemistry to join our R&D team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day work necessary to manufacture products based on molecularly imprinted polymers, as well as producing instrumental characterisation data for the purposes of quality assessment, comparability and investigative research. This includes the delivery of projects covering various functional lines such as adsorbents, bioassays, physical characterization and analytical methods. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who enjoys working on multidisciplinary laboratory-based projects and thriving in a collaborative environment.
It will provide an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in early and late stage product development within a thriving start-up.
• BSc or MSc in material sciences, chemistry, or related discipline and some experience (preferably industrial) on development of custom polymeric materials and/or biosensors and bioassays.
• Knowledge of analytical and bioanalytical techniques including chromatography, SPR, ELISA.
• Knowledge of electrochemical measurements and electrochemistry applied to sensor development (preferred).
• Good synthetic chemistry skills.
• At ease in resolving technical issues, with a collaborative mind-set. Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest scientific innovations and progress in the field.
• Broad technical expertise, a desire to work in a laboratory focused role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply today via e-mail to Adrian Kinkaid, CEO, MIP Diagnostics Limted: firstname.lastname@example.org