|Position: Assistant researcher |
Institution: Egyptian petroleum research institute
Department: evaluation and analysis
Address: 1 ahmed el zomor
1. B.Sc. (Good) "major chemistry", Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, June. 2000.
2. Diploma in "Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry", Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, Sep. 2004.
3. Pre-Master courses in "Inorganic and Analytical chemistry", Nov. 2005.
4. M.Sc. in "Analytical Chemistry", Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, June 2011 entitle (Novel Electrochemical Sensors for Selective Determination of Some Ions: Preparation, Performance Characteristic, and Applications), under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Saad S. M. Hassan, Ph.D., D.Sc.
5. Ph.D.“water and wastewater treatment technology”, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, register entitle "Selective Simple, and Advanced Treatment Techniques to Remove some organic micropollutents from Water and Wastewater" under supervision of Prof. Dr Saad El-said Hassan and Prof. Dr. Hussein Abdel-Shafy, Dr waleed el azab.
1. CO-PI of the scientific research project “Development of innovative FLUOrescent sensors based on polymeric NanoFABrics loaded with xanthene dyes (FLUO-NanoFAB) in the framework of the cooperation between Egypt and Italy.
2. PI of the scientific research project “funded by STDF in the framework of short term fellowship cycle 5, in cooperation with Malmo University, Sweden.
3. A member of the Royal Society of chemistry (member number 570224).
4. A member in scientific and technical project “Sustainable Development of Water Treatment of Wastewater via Constructed Wetlands and Reuse in Sinai” funded by STDF from 2014 to 2016, at the Department of Water-Wastewater Research, Technology & Pollution Control Department, (Technology/Environmental Protection), National Research Center.
5. A member in scientific and technical project “WATERBIOTECH” funded by E.C., from 2011 to 2014, and gained much experience through this project in the different technologies related to water and wastewater treatment such as MBR, SBR, and Wetlands, at the Department of Water-Wastewater Research, Technology & Pollution Control Department, (Technology/Environmental Protection), National Research Center.
6. A member in “staff exchange” in the framework of scientific and technical project “WATERBIOTECH” funded by E.C. between TTZ, Bremerhaven, Germany – Department of Water, Energy and Land Use Management- Germany and NRC-Egypt for one month. The program focuses on Nano, ultra, micro filtration Technology.
7. A member in the first school established in Egypt in Microanalysis and micro analytical laboratory, Chemistry Dep., Ain Shams Uni., Cairo, Egypt Under supervision of Prof. Dr. Saad S. M. Hassan, Ph.D., D. Sc.
8. A member in the first school in Egypt in chemical and biochemical sensors at Ain Shams University, established by Prof. Dr. Saad S. M. Hassan, Ph.D., D. Sc.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1- Hussein I. Abdel Shafy, and Mona S. M. Mansour. Removal of Pharmaceutical Compounds from Urine via Chemical coagulation by Green Synthesized ZnO Nanoparticles followed by Microfiltration for safe reuse. Arabian journal of chemistry (In press). DOI: 10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.04.009.
2- H.I. Abdel-Shafy M. A. El-Khateeb and Mona S. M. Mansour. Treatment of Leather Industrial Wastewater via Combined Advanced Oxidation and Membrane Filtration, water science and technology (Published online may 2016, DOI: 10.2166/wst.2016.234).
3- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. Integration of Effective microorganisms and membrane bioreactor for the Elimination of Pharmaceutical Compounds from Urine journal of water reuse and desalination (published online 16 Jan 2016).
4- Saad S. M. Hassan, Waleed I. M. El Azab, Hager, R. Ali and Mona S. M. Mansour. Green synthesis and characterization of ZnO Nanoparticles for Photocatalytic Degradation of Anthracene, Advances in Natural Sciences: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 6 (2015) 045012 (11pp). Doi:10.1088/2043-6262/6/4/045012.
5- Hussein I. Abdel Shafy, Hosam E. Sayour, and Mona S. M. Mansour. Molecular Imprinted Membrane based on molecular imprinted Nanoparticles polymer for Separation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Polymer for advanced technologies (Volume 27, Issue 6, June 2016, pages 724–732). DOI: 10.1002/pat.3704.
6- Hussein I. Abdel Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. Treatment of Pharmaceutical Industrial Wastewater via Anaerobic/Aerobic System for Unrestricted Reuse, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (Accepted, will published early next year).
7- Saad S. M. Hassan, Hosam E. Sayour, Waleed I. M. El Azab and Mona S. M. Mansour. Synthesis and Characterization of Molecularly Imprinted Nanoparticle Polymers for Selective Separation of Anthracene, Journal of dispersion science and technology, (Volume 37, Issue 9, 2016, pages 1241-1251). DOI:10.1080/01932691.2015.1089514.
8- Hussein I. Abdel Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. A review on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon: sources, environmental impact, effect on human health and remediation, Egyptian Journal of Petroleum, Volume 25, Issue 1, March 2016, Pages 107–123. Http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpe.2015.03.011.
9- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy, Ahmed Makki Al-Sulaiman and Mona S. Mohamed-Mansour. Anaerobic / Aerobic Treatment of Greywater via UASB and MBR for Unrestricted Reuse, Water Science and Technology, (volume 71 (4) 630 – 637, 2015. doi:10.2166/wst.2014.504).
10- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy and Mona S. Mohamed-Mansour. “Issue of Pharmaceutical Compounds in Water and Wastewater: Sources, Impact and Elimination”, Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, (Volume 56, No (5, 6) page 449 – 471, 2013).
11- H. I. Abdel-Shafy, G. Schories, M. S. Mohamed-Mansour, V. Bordei. “Integrated Membranes System for the Recovery and Concentration of Antioxidant from Olive Mill Wastewater”, Desalination and water Treatment Journal, (Volume 56, Issue 2, 2015, pages 305-314). DOI:10.1080/19443994.2014.935807.
12- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy, Ahmed Makki Al-Sulaiman and Mona S. M. Mansour. “Greywater Treatment via Hybrid Integrated Systems for Unrestricted Reuse in Egypt”, Journal of Water Process Engineering, (1 (2014) 101–107).
13- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. "Biogas Production as Affected by Heavy Metals in The Anaerobic Digestion of Sludge", Egyptian Journal of Petroleum (EGYJP), vol. 23 part 4, 409 – 417 (2014).
14- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy, Mona S. M. Mansour. “Removal of Selected Pharmaceuticals from Urine via Fenton Reaction for Agriculture Reuse”, J. Sustainable Sanitation Practice, Oct, Issue 17(2013).
15- Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy, Mona S. M. Mansour. “Wastewater Reuse in Egypt: Present and Future Overlook” J. Sustainable Sanitation Practice, Jan, Issue 14 (2013).
16- Saad S. M. Hassan, Ibrahim H. A. Badr, Ayman H. Kamel and Mona S. Mohamed. “New Potentiometric Sensors for Picrate Determination Using Flow-Through System: Application to Kinetic Assessment of Se (IV)”, Electroanalysis, Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 793–801, March 2013.
17- Saad S. M. Hassan, Ibrahim H. A. Badr, Ayman H. Kamel and Mona S. Mohamed. “A novel poly (vinyl chloride) membrane sensor for determination of Thiocyanate, cyanide and some metal ion”, Analytical Sciences, July, 2009, Vol. 25.
Published paper in international conference:
1. Mona S. M. Mansour, Sudhirkumar Shinde and Börje Sellergren. “Powerful anion receptors by ter-molecular salt imprinting”. The 9th international conference on molecular imprinting (MIP 2016), June 26 – 30, 2016, Lund, Sweden.
2. Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. Treatment Enhancement of Blackwater Using ZnO-Nanoparticles Followed By Combination of Effective Micro-Organism and Membrane Bioreactor. International Conference on Membrane Technologies for Water Treatment in Urban Centers and Small Communities May 03-05, 2016, Hotel Golden Tulip - Sfax, Tunisia.
3. Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. “Integrated ZnO Nanoparticals Coagulation and MBR for Treatment of Refinery Wastewater” American Water Works Association and the American Membrane Technology Association, 2016 Membrane Conference and Exposition helded Febroury 1 – 5, 2016 at the, texas, USA. (Poster).
4. Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy, Ahmed Makki Al-Sulaiman and Mona S. Mohamed-Mansour. “Greywater Treatment and Reuse Optimization via UASB and MBR in Egypt”, American Water Works Association and the American Membrane Technology Association, 2014 Membrane Conference and Exposition helded March 10-14, 2014 at the Bally’s in Las Vegas, NV, USA. (Poster).
5. Hussein I. Abdel-Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. “Membrane Bioreactor for the Removal of Pharmaceutical Compounds from Urine” American Water Works Association and the American Membrane Technology Association, 2014 Membrane Conference and Exposition helded March 10-14, 2014 at the Bally’s in Las Vegas, NV, USA. (Poster).
6. S.S.M. Hassan, W. I. M. El Azab, H.R. Ali and M.S.M. Mansour. "Anthracene removal from wastewater using green nanotechnology"18th International Conference on Petroleum, Mineral Resources and Development (PMRD), 8-10 Feb. 2015. (Oral presentation).
7. Abdel-Shafy, H.I. and Mansour, Mona S.M. “Remediation of contaminated urine for Agriculture reuse” The 1st International "WATERBIOTECH" Conference, Cairo, Egypt 9-11 October, 2012. (Poster)
8. Abdel-Shafy, H.I., Mansour, Mona S.M. and Makki, A. “Grey Water Treatment and Reuse via Sedimentation Followed by Aeration” The 1st International "WATERBIOTECH" Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 9-11 October, 2012. (Poster).
BOOKS (one Chapter in each of the following books):
1- Hussein I. Abdel Shafy and Mona S. M. Mansour. Polyphenols: Properties, Occurence, Content in Food, Potential Effects, Recovery from Olive Mill Wastewater and Related Environmental Aspects. Environmental Sci. & Eng. Vol. 6: Toxicology (Ch. 11), pages 247 – 276, Studium Press LLC, USA. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/uniform_requirements.html.
· SOWAEUMED E-Learning Course on "Nanotechnology from Research to Applications" at 8th October – 7th November 2012 Organized by "National Centre for Studies and Research on Water and Energy (CNEREE), Cadi Ayyad University, morocco"
· “Fate of Pollutants in the Environment: Risk Assessment and Risk Reduction” training course at the National Research Centre, 2012.
· Awareness ISO 17025 course, Internal audit course, Testing laboratories accreditation requirements and how to write test procedure course, Estimation of measurement uncertainty, Quality control and quality assurance, Method validation by "Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality, EOS" 2006.
· Training on using of instruments used in different analysis such as: UV-Visible Spectrophotometers, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers, Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP), FT-IR, Chromatography by "National Research Centre 2007 and Chemistry Administration" 2004.
· Chemical analysis of drinking water course (National Organization of Water and Waste Water 2003).
· Purification of waste water and methods of sludge removable course (National Organization of Water and Waste Water 2004).
· Excellent skills for dealing with simple and advanced treatment techniques for water and wastewater.
· Excellent skills for using many analysis instruments such as: pH/mV meters, UV-Visible Spectrophotometers, Atomic Absorption spectrophotometers, inductively coupled plasma ICP, FT-IR, chromatography and treating well with almost their software.
· English: Writing and speaking very well. (Intermediate level).
· TOIFEL ITP (Score 500).
· The Test of English Language Proficiency (TELP) (Score 571).
· ICDL by "Ministry of Communications and Information Technology 2011".
· Excellent skills in using computer programs such as: Excel, Word, Power point, Origin, scientific programs and the use of these programs in research.
· Water treatment
· Risk assessment
· Quality control and quality assurance.
· Lab accreditation requirements
· Work on almost analytical instrument [UV-Vs Spectrophotometers, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers, Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP), FT-IR, Flame Photometer, Chromatography, and Ion Selective Electrodes].
Area of scientific activity:
Participating in research projects for improving different technologies concerning water & wastewater treatment. Particular interests are: risk assessment & risk reduction, research & implementing clean, simple and new treatment technologies for water & wastewater recycling. Design research program in optimizing the reuse of water and/or protecting the environment and waterways for consumptive and non-consumptive reuse. Monitoring and assessment the impact of pollutants on the environment and investigating the risk reduction & protection.
Present research interests
Water and Wastewater treatment Technologies including nanotechnology and membrane technology for the Protection of the Environment. Risk Assessment & Risk Reduction, Impact & Elimination of Pollution are the Main Aim.